Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Please help us deliver skills development programmes to over 1,000 disadvantaged young people in 2011 and to preserve and maintain our beautiful building for future generations to enjoy.
Wiston Lodge has been operating successfully as an independent charity for almost four years and in that time we have welcomed over five thousand people as guests from across our communities. We hope our work has inspired, challenged and most importantly brought about positive changes in the lives of those we have welcomed here. We are particularly proud of our record of setting young people on a new path towards fulfilling their potential and taking a positive role in their communities. Without this support many are at risk of falling into negative cycles of behaviour and not getting the new start in life they deserve. The need for this work is increasing with the big rise in youth unemployment.
This year, for the first time in many years, we need to ask you for your help!
Vital maintenance to our precious building and estate, renewal of activity equipment, as well as spiralling living costs in energy, food, insurance, have left a significant hole in our budget at a time when there has been a dramatic rise in the need for our core work. We are asking for your support so we can continue to deliver our services at their full potential in the coming months.
We need your help to raise £20,000 right now!
This is the minimum required to ensure our services can continue without disruption and so we can build on the good work of the last four years. This money will be used to deliver skills development programmes to over 1,000 disadvantaged young people in 2011 and to preserve and maintain our beautiful building for future generations to enjoy. We know the fundraising task ahead is considerable, but with your help we know we can achieve it.
Here is how you can help
- Send a donation cheque made payable to Wiston Lodge. Please contact us for a donation form.
- Make a secure donation to Wiston Lodge online, through the website Justgiving. Go to http://www.justgiving.com/wistonlodge
- Support our exciting fundraising events; the Tinto Everest Challenge (June) and the Clyde Descent (August), details to follow!
- Organise your own fundraising event to support our work (e.g. a quiz night, a book sale, or a sponsored walk).
- Take part in an organised sporting event such as a fun-run or marathon and raise sponsorship for Wiston Lodge.
- Check in with your employer to see if they support charitable giving. Some businesses make donations to charities or have a matched donation scheme.
- Most importantly spread the word about our appeal and tell people about the work of Wiston Lodge. If you use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter use them to reach as many people as possible.
You can follow progress of the appeal through our newsletter, on our website and through our Facebook group. Please act now, because without your support we will not be able to secure the long term future of Wiston Lodge. Thank you for taking the time to read our appeal.
Wiston Lodge Chairperson
PS We are a small charity, so you can be assured every single penny of your money will be put to good use! Please don’t delay, do something amazing for the work of Wiston Lodge today!
|< Canoeing on the Clyde||Spring 2011 newsletter >|